If you smoke, stop. Tobacco use is responsible for 87 per cent of lung disease deaths. Of course, even non-smokers get lung disease (and being around second-hand smoke can increase your risk by up to 30 per cent). While it’s certainly not license to puff away, eating certain foods beneficial for healthy lungs and may help you breathe a little easier.
1. Water: When human being breaths they naturally intake moisturized air and when exhale they lose moisture. Total inhaling process consumes a lot of water form body that cause dehydration in respiratory system as well as lung. Rather than other drinks, water is the best source of hydration that can help detoxification of lung and flush out tars harmful for heart. So drink sufficient water to keep lung function good to ensure smooth oxygen circulation through whole body.
2. Garlic: Bacteria killing compound ‘allicin’ found with a high level in garlic helps to keep lung away from infections that can take life. It also helps to reduce inflammation and works as natural antibiotic. Garlic also work for the cure of asthma and also prevents lung cancer.
3. Onion: Sharp flavored onions contain vitamin C and B6 along with good deal of folic acid and all these elements are very good fighter against lung cancer. Onion also helps to boost up respiratory system by flushing out throat shore and mucous and kill germs in respiratory system and lung. Onion has some anti-bacterial elements remove harmful bacteria as well as other germs.
4. Berries: Berries such as blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, are the good source of vitamin C and antioxidants. Antioxidants help neutralize the free radicals responsible for causing cancer in the ling and vitamin C fights against cold, flu and other types of infection in lung. Consuming a cup of berry juice daily helps keeping lung strong and healthy, its function smooth and normal.
5. Ginger: Ginger will help to clear your lungs thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. You can add ginger to various dishes as it is a widely used herb. You can also use it to prepare ginger root tea blended with some lemon. This helps a great deal to remove toxins from the respiratory tract.
6. Apples: Apples are the food for adults who want healthy lungs. Apples are effective for adults who want to focus on lung health. A team from St George’s Hospital Medical School, London, studied the diets and lung function of more than 2,500 men aged 45-49.
7. Cruciferous vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables also contain a substance called indole-3-carbinol, which works like a cleanup crew, repairing damage that carcinogens do to cells before they can turn cancerous. No wonder some research suggests that eating more broccoli and Brussels sprouts may lower the risk of lung cancer by as much as 40 per cent.
8. Plantain Leaf: Plantain is another food that can help cleanse your lungs. Plantain Leaf, which is a popular food wrap in Cuba and other Latin American countries, is not seen in the mainstream in North American. However, you can find it, and I would recommend using plantain leaf makes as a very tasty wrap around a number of foods.
9. Cayenne Pepper: Eaten both as a foodstuff and used as a seasoning, these popular peppers can contribute as many as 17 health and wellness benefits to the body. They have been known to help suppress irritating coughs and sore throats and help with indications of cold and flu. Cayenne pepper helps break up and move congested mucus, making it a recommended food for anyone who is suffering from bronchial congestion or respiratory ailments.
10. Grapefruit: this fruit is simply great as it contains a lot of lung supporting minerals and vitamins. If your lungs have been effected by carcinogens, grapefruit will help to cleanse your lungs.
11. Soy Foods: Some very early research suggests that as in breast cancer, estrogen may encourage the growth of lung tumors, and researchers suspect that blunting estrogen’s effects may help slow or even stop lung cancer’s development.